EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2017
Full Day Program
Mini- Toddler (7:15 am – 5:00 pm)
Extended hours available (6:30am – 6:30pm)
Application Fee (Due upon enrollment) $150.00
Commitment Fee*: Parents are required to submit a cheque, with no date on it, equivalent to one month’s worth of fees.
Fees are pro-rated to allow for equal payments each month. All closures are taken into consideration when fees are set.
Children 12 months – 19 months
Cold Lake Montessori Daycare & School is licensed to accept children newborn to 12 years of age. However, we only except children starting at the age of 12 months, unless we are able to obtain an exemption from our licensing officer to accept a child under 12 months. We do offer extended hours for parents who need it outside off the regular scheduled hours of 7:15am – 5:00pm from 6:30am – 6:30pm, however the monthly childcare fees increase as stated below. Please see the fees below.
Children who are between 12 months – 19 months are in a combined class with children 19 months – 2.5 years. The maximum number accepted in the combined mini-toddler and toddler classroom is 12 children.
The Classroom: There are two rooms the mini-toddler and toddler children use. One room is for arts and crafts, changing diapers, eating, and sleeping. The other classroom is for playing and learning activities.
Please speak with the Director or Assistant Director regarding openings.
Children 12 months – 19 months
Monthly Payments – $675.00 per month*
Extended Hours Monthly Fees: $900.00 per month
Extended Hours include all scheduled P.A. Days in the daycare. There is no additional cost.
P.A. Days Fees (Professional Activity Days):
$35.00 per day
Cold Lake Montessori Daycare & School follows the Northern Lights School Division Calendar, and as such, parents would be required to pay for care on scheduled P.A. Days throughout the year.
How it works:
- Parents will receive a form at the end of each month indicating the P.A. Days for the next month.
- The parents will be required to complete the form, indicating whether or not they need care on those days. Once completed,they will be required to submit it back to the daycare, with the additional fees, no later than the date indicated on the form.
- Once Booked, child care fees are non-refundable for any reason. There are no refunds or transfer of days if your child does not attend on the P.A. Day.
Why are we Implementing This?
- We have noticed, when the local schools in Cold Lake have P.A. Days, our attendance in the facility is low. This is due to children staying home to play with their siblings who do not have school on that day.
- We have also noticed just prior to a long weekend, the attendance in the facility is also low. This is due to relatives visiting, or families who attend the daycare leaving on Friday to visit family in another city.
- In order to help cut back on the cost of child care for parents, we have decided to make this an option. The parents who still need care, can book it and pay the child care fee and the parents who don’t can save money.
All Childcare Fees are pro-rated, to make for equal payments throughout the year.
* The Commitment Fee demonstrates a parents commitment to have their child attend the daycare from September – June, and to give proper written notification if they choose to withdraw their child during that time period. Failure to give proper notification will result in a parent not only paying the next month’s childcare fees and any applicable late fees, but also forfeiting the Commitment Fee.
A summer camp program is offered during the months of July and August of every year for ALL age groups.
2016 – 2017 Daycare Calendar
Cold Lake Montessori Daycare accepts Subsidy for families who qualify.
The Ministry of Human Services provides financial assistance to eligible lower-income families using Licensed Childcare Centers.
You can apply for a subsidy if:
- You or your spouse/partner, or the child receiving care are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and live in Alberta.
- You or your spouse/partner are an Alberta resident.
- Your children are 12 years of age or younger and are not yet attending Grade 7.
- You and your spouse/partner are currently working, attending school, looking for work or have special needs
You or your spouse/partner stay-at-home and have your child(ren) enrolled in a licensed pre-school or approved early childhood development program.
Maximum subsidy rates vary by program type and the age of child attending child care.