EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2017
Toddler Classroom Childcare Fees
Toddler (7:15 am – 5:00 pm)
Extended Hours Available (6:30am – 6:30pm)
Cold Lake Montessori Daycare & School is licensed to accept children newborn to 12 years of age. However, we only except children starting at the age of 12 months unless we are able to obtain an exemption from our childcare licensing officer to accept a child under 12 months.
Children who are between 12 months – 19 months are in a combined class with children 19 months – 2.5 years. The maximum number accepted in the combined mini-toddler and toddler classroom is 12 children.
The Classroom: There are two rooms the mini-toddler and toddler children use. One room is for arts and crafts, changing diapers, eating, and sleeping. The other classroom is for playing and learning activities.
Please speak with the Director or Assistant Director regarding openings.
Application Fee (Due upon enrollment) $150.00
Commitment Fee*: Parents are required to submit a cheque, with no date on it, equivalent to one month’s worth of Child Care fees.
Monthly Payments – $675.00 per month
Monthly Fess for parents who receive full Subsidy (depending on age): $47.00 – $129.00 per month
Extended Hours Monthly Childcare Fees: $900.00 per month
The extended hours includes all scheduled professional activity days. There is no extra charge for those days.
P.A. Days Fees (Professional Activity Days): $35.00 per day
Cold Lake Montessori Daycare & School follows the Northern Lights School Division Calendar, and as such, parents would be required to pay for care on scheduled P.A. Days throughout the year.
How it works:
- Parents will receive a form at the end of each month indicating the P.A. Days for the next month.
- The parents will be required to complete the form, indicating whether or not they need care on those days. Once completed,they will be required to submit it back to the daycare, with the additional fees, no later than the date indicated on the form.
- Once Booked, child care fees are non-refundable for any reason. There are no refunds or transfer of days if your child does not attend on the P.A. Day.
Why are we Implementing This?
- We have noticed, when the local schools in Cold Lake have P.A. Days, our attendance in the facility is low. This is due to children staying home to play with their siblings who do not have school on that day.
- We have also noticed just prior to a long weekend, the attendance in the facility is also low. This is due to relatives visiting, or families who attend the daycare leaving on Friday to visit family in another city.
- In order to help cut back on the cost of child care for parents, we have decided to make this an option. The parents who still need care, can book it and pay the child care fee and the parents who don’t can save money.
All Childcare Fees are pro-rated, to make it equal payments throughout the year. All closures are taken into consideration when fees are set.
* The Commitment Fee demonstrates a parents commitment to have their child attend the daycare and to give proper written notification if they choose to withdraw their child. Failure to give proper notification will result in a parent not only paying the next month’s childcare fees and any applicable late fees, but also forfeiting the Commitment Fee.
We offer a summer camp program during the months of July and August of every year.
Summer Camp Fees for 2017
2016 – 2017 Daycare Calendar
Cold Lake Montessori School accepts Subsidy for families who qualify.
The Ministry of Human Services provides financial assistance to eligible lower-income families using Licensed Childcare Centers.
You can apply for a subsidy if:
- You or your spouse/partner, or the child receiving care are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and live in Alberta.
- You or your spouse/partner are an Alberta resident.
- Your children are 12 years of age or younger and are not yet attending Grade 7.
- You and your spouse/partner are currently working, attending school, looking for work or have special needs
You or your spouse/partner stay-at-home and have your child(ren) enrolled in a licensed pre-school or approved early childhood development program.
Maximum subsidy rates vary by program type and the age of child attending child care.